Visiting Dubrovnik from Korcula
Korculans travel there very often: the main hospital that covers the area is there therefore among other things, it is very likely that most of Korculans are actually born in Dubrovnik.
However, there are a lot of us that were born here, on the Island, usually due to the urgency of the delivery of simple courage of our mothers and their determination not to bother to go anywhere else.
Another reason why Korculans know Dubrovnik well is because a lot of us were attending a college or university there as there is no university on Korcula Island. Usually, in Dubrovnik people study music, medicine, economics, tourism or management.
I also did my degree in economics in Dubrovnik (my old uni website) so I lived in the town as a student for four years. That 4 years gave me plenty of time to explore Dubrovnik and it’s surroundings and I love that town very much.
We also travel to Dubrovnik every time we have to fly from its airport (we don’t have ours yet – but are promised to get one eventually, it will be located near Smokvica).
Presently, there is a regular bus service at least once a day from Korcula to Dubrovnik and back. It leaves Korcula daily early morning (around 6.45 am) and arrives in Dubrovnik around 9.30 am. In the afternoon, at about 3 pm, the same bus leaves from Dubrovnik and arrives at Korcula at about 6.30 pm.
In the summer months (and sometimes even later/earlier – subject to Bus company’s moods) there are two daily services to Dubrovnik and back – the morning one and afternoon one.
The afternoon bus leaves Korcula at about 4 pm to arrive in Dubrovnik at 7 pm. The same bus then rides back to Korcula following morning around 9 am.
So, if you are lucky, you might even have a chance to choose between these two buses 🙂
Also, there are ferries that sail to/from Dubrovnik – see on ferry page, where all updates about ferries are available.
Update: I started with new Dubrovnik Travel Guide – at the moment the guide includes the following chapters:
- Planning your trip to Dubrovnik: Local transport in Dubrovnik
- Getting to Dubrovnik
- About Dubrovnik / History of Dubrovnik
- Accommodations in Dubrovnik / Hotels
- Beaches in Dubrovnik
- Day Trips from Dubrovnik
- Cafes and Restaurants
- Dubrovnik Old Town
- Dubrovnik Sights / Art in Dubrovnik
- Map of Dubrovnik Old Town
- Life and Culture
- News and Blog
- Photos of Dubrovnik
- Weather in Dubrovnik
See also an excellent new site about ferries in Croatia where you can find all ferry schedules of Croatian ferries, including an exhaustive list of Dubrovnik Ferries with all latest schedules/timetables.
Hotels in Dubrovnik:
If you are visiting Dubrovnik, you can book here hotel if you wish:
- Hotel Dubrovnik Palace ★★★★“The Hotel Dubrovnik Palace can be found surrounded by pine woods and the clear sea on the beautiful Lapad peninsula, a few minutes’ bus ride from Dubrovnik’s Old Town.” Prices from €91 – Number of rooms: 308 – Check Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, Dubrovnik availability
- Hotel Excelsior ★★★★★” Ideally located in the immediate vicinity of the historic old town of Dubrovnik, this internationally renowned 5-star hotel is a local landmark and an oasis of luxury and style.” Prices from €106 – Number of rooms: 158 – Check Hotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik availability
- Hotel Vis ★★★☆☆“The charming and comfortable Hotel Vis in Dubrovnik is an ideal choice for those who like to relax on the beach, as it is located directly on the stunning blue water of the Adriatic Sea.” Prices from €45 – Number of rooms: 158 – Check Hotel Vis, Dubrovnik availability