Korcula island is well connected with buses to the mainland. There is at least one daily bus that connects the island with Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, Knin, Plitvice Lakes, Karlovac and Zagreb. In the high season buses to Dubrovnik are much frequent, usually three times a day.
All buses that service the island get onto the car ferry that sails to and from Orebic. So, you don’t need to get off a bus to arrive here – just sit in your bus and it will drive onto a ferry and take you all the way to the local bus station.
No buses arrive on the island via Vela Luka port. Instead, they all use Domince ferry port with is just 2 km away from Korcula Town. You don’t get off the bus in Domince, instead stay and it will bring you to the Town bus stop.
Latest on Korcula bus travel forum:
- Island Hopping in Croatia – Split, Brac, Hvar, Korcula, Mljet, Lastovo, Dubrovnik
- Advice about getting around on Korcula Island
- Latest Bus from Vela Luka to Korcula (Cara)
- Travel to Vela Luka / other town near sea/by bus from Korcula
- Wheelchair user and buses on Korcula
Arrival in Korcula by Bus:
Bus Departures to Korcula:
ZAGREB to Korcula Bus: departs from Zagreb every 7.30 pm ( daily via Karlovac, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Knin, Split, Makarska, Ston, Orebić). Arrival in Korcula following morning at 6.30 am. Bus continues to Vela Luka – check all details of schedule & fares at Zagreb to Korcula bus page
VELA LUKA to Korcula Bus -Monday – Friday (via Blato – Smokvica – Čara – Pupnat – Žrnovo) 05:15, 06:30, 10:00, 13:30, 14:30, 17:00, 19:30 / Saturday 05:15, 06:30, 13:30, 14:30, 17:00, 19:30 / Sunday 05:15, 10:00, 14:30, 17:00, 19:30 / – journey time 50 min (check timetable)
SARAJEVO to Korcula Bus: – daily in high season only at 11 am arrival Korcula 6.30 pm (high season only) – see details info, fares, route; the alternative, out of season route is taking a bus from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik and change in Doli / Peljesac or bus to Split and ferry to Korcula.
BEOGRAD to Korcula by bus – click here for info, prices and timetable
Departure from Korcula by Bus:
Bus Departures from Korcula:
Korcula to SPLIT Bus: every day 7.45 pm arrives in Split at 1 am (one o’clock after midnight)
Korcula to SARAJEVO Bus: daily in high season only – at 08:30 am, Sunday at 15:50 – more info and fares; the alternative, out of season route is taking a bus to Doli/Peljesac and change there for Dubrovnik to Sarajevo or ferry to Split and from there a bus to Sarajevo
Korcula to Mostar: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 08:45 am, Sunday at 14:45
Korcula to VELA LUKA: Monday – Friday (via Žrnovo – Pupnat – Čara – Smokvica – Blato): 04:10, 06:15, 06:40, 10:15, 12:15, 14:10, 15:00, 18:30 / Saturday: 04:10, 06:15, 10:15, 12:15, 15:00, 18:30 / Sunday: 05:00, 06:15, 12:15, 15:00, 18:30/ journey time 50 min (check timetable)
Korcula to Beograd by bus – click here for info, prices and timetable
- see all current bus departures from Korcula to Zagreb, Zadar, Split, Ston, Dubrovnik, Vela Luka, Blato, Smokvica, Cara, Lumbarda, Domince, Pupnat, Zrnovo, Racisce, Kneze
- all current bus departures from Vela Luka to Zagreb, Zadar, Split, Ston, Dubrovnik, Blato, Smokvica, Cara, Pupnat, Zrnovo, Korcula
Bus timetables around Korcula – Local Bus Lines
- Bus from Korcula to Lumbarda and back – daily local bus schedules, info and prices
- Bus timetable Korčula – Zrnovo – Pupnat – Cara – Smokvica – Blato – Vela Luka
Bus Station in Korcula
20260 KORCULA – HR
Phone: +385 (0)20 71 55 00 (general info)
Phone: +385 (0)20 71 12 16 (bus terminal, reservations)