Nightlife in Korcula
The Rough Guide to Croatia says about Nightlife in Korcula: Drinking in Korcula is quite animated during the day. At night, however, Korcula becomes Snorcula – there is an almost total lack of decent bar in Old Town, and the string of flashy places just behind the bus station are curiously joyless bunch.. However, while Korcula is obviously not known for its nightlife you will be pleased to kick back for sunset cocktails at Tramonto Cocktail Bar or Massimo Bar.
Nighlife spots in Korcula:
- Cafe Bar Servantes
- Boogie Jungle Lounge Bar & Club – recently opened night time place in Korcula – read more and see photos/ videos
- Cocktail bar Bili Cvitak
- Tramonto Cocktail Lounge
- Massimo Sunset Bar
- Maksimilijan Garden Sunset Bar
- Dos Locos cocktail bar
- Dno Dna Bar is a funky bar – small with a crazy interior designer, you’ll find interesting fixtures (including the many locals who frequent the place) and friendly bar staff – click to see video of cafe during daytime
- Marco Polo Mistique Bar has DJ sessions almost every night where excellent DJ Zookey does the job – check his MySpace Profile
Later in the evening, mingle with local youth at Dos Locos Bar before hitting Gaudi Discoteque (see small video clip), a disco located in one of the oldest arsenals on the Adriatic and one of the only places where you can dance until early morning birds start chirping. In last few years, there were also Festivala Istruga Music and Art Festival/Parties – however, they seem to move away from the island to unknown destination.. (See their poster here) FamousShatush Bar was also closed.
There are sometimes open air concerts in Korcula, usually performed by local bands (such as ReadyCool – see above photo and video Ready Cool concert in Korcula)
Most of the nights during summer there are live music at various bars around Korcula – at Akademija, Noa, Deja Vu, Dno Dna, Tramonto, Mistique etc..
Here are some more videos from Dno Dna (Servantes nowadays) :
- Hey Baby There Ain’t No Easy Way Out @ Dno Dna last night: Here is a short video clip for all of you who missed great gig last night at cafe bar “Dno dna” … Hey Baby There Ain’t No Easy Way Out … aka I Won’t Back Down, performed by Mirej, Sreco and Vandals:
- Summertime at cafe bar Dno Dna: Have a look at the small video clip of Summertime by Marin Jerkunica Band. I took this footage last night while they were performing at Cafe Bar Dno Dna in Korcula Town – enjoy
In winter time or out of season, the popular place in Korcula is Peco’s Pub Bar where local youth spend their Friday evenings enjoying live music and DJ nights.
Photos of Nightlife in Korcula:
For latest info about what’s going on in Korcula :
- check Korcula Nightlife Forum + my nightlife in Korcula video channel
- Cool club playing Seventies music – Korcula review – an article in Sunday Telegraph with positive note about Korcula’s nightlife.
- See photo of local band from 1960s