Visiting Pelješac from Korcula
A large and narrow peninsula almost parallel with Korcula island is a popular visitor destination in this part of the country.
Located just across the waters from the Island, the peninsula shares the same windy channel. Well known for its vineyards, excellent red wines Dingac and Postup, great shingle beaches dotted along its coast, this is a fantastic destination to spend your summer holidays.
Due to its windy channel, it is also very popular among windsurfers and kite-surfers from all around the Europe and beyond. It offers variety of accommodations including several really nice camping grounds located right on its sea shores (Camping on Peljesac page).
The area is also well known for its oyster and mussels production especially around Mali Ston bay in vicinity of Ston Town.
- This Peljesac bit of the site has now been moved to a new home >> @ Peljesac Travel Guide (www.peljesactravel.com)
Some pages are still here :
- Travel forum for Peljesac – see some entries
- Sveti Ilija Mountain – an intro page about popular walking / hiking peak just above Orebic, Kuciste and Viganj. Includes large Sv Ilija Mountain hiking map & Views from the Summit & Views from Korcula
- Simple Map of Peljesac with indication of the main villages + Ferry map Prapratno to Sobra
- Orebic Map – town map of Orebic + about Beach Trstenica in near vicinity
- Peljesac Channel – collection of photos of the channel that divides the island and peninsula
- Sveti Ilija Map – walking routes around Peljesac Riviera
- Hiking trip on Sveti Ilija Mountain : Video: Hiking Trip to Sveti Ilija Mountain
- Fishing in Mali Ston Bay (1950s)
- future Peljesac Bridge
A bird view of the riviera : places in near vicinity of Korcula including Orebic, Viganj, Kuciste and Perna, as well as Korcula Island. Also it shows the route of Orebic-Korcula ferry.
Orebic Panorama Photo –
Ston Panorama Photo – Ston Town is well known for it’s sea salt production that has hundred years tradition.
Some articles about Ston:
- Two towers restored in Ston
- The Salt Works in Ston
- Renovated Ston Walls opened
- A tour of Ston Town Walls
- Ston oysters and Zuljana beach in Europe
- Poster of Ston