Getting to Korcula
Getting to Korcula Town and Island
Korcula is well connected to the Croatian mainland and Dalmatian coast, especially in the summer months. The off-season ferry boats connections are a bit less convenient, so you would need to rely mostly on buses to and from Dubrovnik and early mornings and late afternoon ferry to/from Hvar and Split.
On this page, you will find all transport options to reach the island with detailed timetables. If you can not work out your way properly or would like to ask for more info or advise about arrival and departure to/ from Korcula, please check our Travel Forum to see if the answer to your question is already available. If not, post your question and we will be happy to help! Alternatively, email.
Flying to the nearest Croatian Airports
Korcula nearest airports are Dubrovnik Airport and Split Airport both convenient to reach the island. Croatia Airlines is the state-owned flight-carrier but there are various low cost and charter flight companies that do flights to Croatia. Currently, British Airways flights to Dubrovnik are a good choice for Uk flights.
See also Expedia that offers a selection of best available fares on flights to Croatia by Croatia Airlines too. Ebookers.com has also a good search engine to search for flights to airports of Croatia. There are also a lot of flight comparison sites with search engines that search 100+ airfare sites at once, comparing the costs. They include flights searches for Croatia Airlines, Ryanair, Easyjet and Wizz Air, British Airways as well as other low-cost airlines that fly to Croatia.
Flying to Italy and getting a ferry to Croatia
Most of the available flights are also a good choice for cheap flights to Italy and then getting from Italian ferry ports Bari, Pescara or Ancona by ferry to Zadar, Split, Dubrovnik, Hvar or Vela Luka.
Most of the ferries on these routes are large and comfortable car ferries so you can also consider to get to Korcula by your own (or rented) car.
Some of the ferries are fast speedy ones that cross the Adriatic in 4 hrs – such as Pescara to Vela Luka fast ferry that sails directly to the island. Unfortunately, it is not as frequent as others, nevertheless still worth checking its schedule just in case (Update: this ferry is currently suspended)
The most frequent and most popular ferry routes from Italy are from Ancona to Split and from Bari to Dubrovnik. Please note, in the high season, you can also consider Ancona to Hvar ferry that sails 2 times per week.
If you have enough time and would also like to visit Italy, this way of travelling can be much better than flying to Split, Zadar or Dubrovnik. See also info about getting from Venice to Dubrovnik in case you will visit Venice or here for the south of Italy. Once in Croatia, below are all necessary info for your travel to Korcula. Feel free to print this or any other page for your own usage.
How to get to Korcula (step-by-step guides)
- How to get from Dubrovnik to Korcula
- How to get from Split to Korcula
- How to get from Mljet to Korcula
- How to get from Vis to Korcula
- How to get from Zadar to Korcula
- How to get from Zagreb to Korcula
- Map of Ferries that sail to Korcula
If you are unsure or have any questions about your arrival/departures from/to Korcula, please ask @ Getting to Korcula Travel Forum
Getting to Korcula from Split
If you decide to fly to Split, the best option to come to Korcula is by ferry catamaran Split – Korcula – Split – via Hvar – (foot passenger service). It is a speedy boat that takes you to Korcula Town in just a few hours. This one leaves in the afternoon so it is likely you can get it after your landing. Other ferries from Split include:
- Morning fast ferry from Split to Korcula – this ferry sails every morning May to October and on its way also stops in Brac and Hvar, proceeding further to Mljet and Dubrovnik.
- Split – Vela Luka (Korcula)- Lastovo: At least once a day (depending on the season) car and passenger ferry service from Split to Vela Luka – a town on the west coast of Island of Korcula, 50 km away from the town of Korcula. There is a regular and reliable bus service that connects this ferry with the town of Korcula.
- Split – Vela Luka (Korcula) – Lastovo (foot passenger service only): This is a daily fast passengers service. There is regular (except at Saturdays) and reliable bus service that connects this line with town of Korcula. For this service as well as ferry Split-Vela Luka see Ferry Jadrolinija timetable.
- Split-Korcula ferry: This ferry arrives in Korcula Old Town. this is not a daily ferry, so be careful with timings (note: this ferry is currently discontinued)
- If you missed all these ferries, everything is not lost yet, as there is a bus from Split to Korcula that runs every day at 1 am ( 1 o’clock after midnight) and arrives in Korcula at 6 am.
- If none of this is convenient, we can always arrange a taxi to pick you up at Split Airport and drive you to Korcula – email us your request. Also, check the Car Rental page for rent-a-car ideas and prices.
Getting to Korcula from Dubrovnik
If you decide to fly to Dubrovnik, try to book the flight which arrives before 1 pm at Dubrovnik Airport. This will give you enough time to catch a bus that runs every day from Dubrovnik to Korcula. The bus departure is at 3 pm.
If your flight to Dubrovnik arrives later, you would need to overnight in Dubrovnik as there is no public transport available. Following day you can take a bus or ferry to Korcula.
If this is not convenient, we can always arrange a minibus to pick you up at Dubrovnik Airport and drive you to Korcula – email us your request. Also, check Car Rental page for rent-a-car ideas and prices.
Here are some additional pages with schedules and transport details:
- Ferry Timetables – Ferries to and from Korcula
- Bus Timetables – click here for bus timetables to and from Korcula
- Bus from Dubrovnik to Korcula
- Ferries from Dubrovnik to Korcula
- taxi, minicab or minibus from Korcula to Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Airport Bus Shuttle – daily bus to Korcula island
Local Ferry Timetables :
- Orebic – Korcula – Orebic Ferries
- Ploce – Trpanj – Ploce Ferries
- Drvenik (near Makarska) – Korcula – Drvenik Ferries
- Orebic – Korcula (Old Town) – Frequent daily passenger service from Orebic to Korcula that takes 10 minutes only. Convenient for day trips as well as arrival/departure from/to Korcula. Often connected with bus services from Orebic. For timetable click Boat Service Orebic-Korcula Timetable
- About Jadrolinija Ferries
Some additional points about getting around the Island once you arrive here:
- By Bus – local buses – to / from Lumbarda ; to/from Kneza & Racisce ; to/from Zrnovo ; to / from Vela Luka
- Taxis: taxi cab, minicab, water taxi
- By Car: Car Parking
- By Bike: cycling around
- On Foot: walking around
- By Boat: taxi boat; boat rental
Exploring Korcula island with the freedom of your own transport can be fun – renting a car is a good choice for those that want to discover the island’s countryside while if you prefer to stay within your chosen area a bicycle or scooter is the perfect way to explore. And if you are here in the summer don’t miss the opportunity to rent a kayak or boat to explore nearby bays are beaches:
Maps and Guides:
Other useful web sites for your travel arrangements:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs – to check do you need a visa for Croatia
Dubrovnik Airport and Split Airport
Exchange rate – official information for currency exchange rate
Zagreb Bus Terminal – for Croatia bus routes
all Croatian ferries – croatiaferries.com