How to get from Zadar to Korcula
How to get from Zadar to Korcula is a question that is sometimes asked by people who fly to Zadar Airport.
Although Zadar is a place which is not in near vicinity of Korcula, due to the introduction of cheap flights to Zadar couple years ago especially RyanAir’s flights to Zadar, people sometimes fly there, instead to Split or Dubrovnik Airport which is actually Korcula’s nearest airports.
There are several options to reach Korcula from Zadar:
- The first option is to take a bus from Zadar to Split and then take any of the ferries from Split to Korcula or Vela Luka. This option is probably the easiest one, however, due to flights arrivals this option is sometimes not suitable.
- The alternative is to take a bus along the coast from Zadar towards Split or Dubrovnik, and then at Doli, near Ston on Peljesac Peninsula, catch a bus that runs from Dubrovnik to Korcula or Orebic.
Bear in mind the buses from Zadar to Split and Dubrovnik are quite frequent, while bus from Dubrovnik to Korcula or Orebic goes only twice a day.
- The third option is to take a direct bus from Zadar to Korcula, the one that goes daily from Zagreb to Korcula and Vela Luka and on its way stops in Zadar.
This option is bit awkward as journey lasts all night, departing around 22.30 hrs arriving in Korcula following morning at 6.35 hrs.
- The buses and ferries are in operation every day so they are pretty reliable means of transport. All these journeys are great ways of travelling as buses and ferries are comfortable and air-conditioned, and there are some nice views of the islands and bays as you travel along the coast of Adriatic Sea.
- And finally, it is important to mention it is shame Jadrolinija coastal ferry that sails from Rijeka via Split and Hvar to Korcula and further to Mljet and Dubrovnik, in last few years is NOT stopping in Zadar as it used to (update: this ferry is now discontinued :/) and there are no immediate plans to reintroduce Zadar on that ferry route.