How to get from Zagreb to Korcula
How to get from Zagreb, the Croatian capital to Korcula is a question that is sometimes asked by people who arrive in Croatia by flying to Zagreb Airport.
Although Zagreb is a city that is not in the near vicinity of Korcula, due to the fact that Zagreb is the capital of Croatia and the introduction of cheap flights to Zagreb (a couple of years ago by WizzAir and recently by EasyJet), people sometimes fly there, instead to Split or Dubrovnik which are Korcula’s nearest airports.
There are several options to reach Korcula from Zagreb:
- The first option is to take a bus from Zagreb to Split and then take any of the ferries from Split to Korcula or Vela Luka. This option is probably the easiest one; however, due to flight arrivals, this option is sometimes not suitable.
- The alternative is to take any bus that goes from Zagreb towards Dubrovnik, and then at Doli, near Ston, Peljesac Peninsula, catch a bus that runs from Dubrovnik to Korcula or Orebic. Bear in mind the buses from Zagreb to Split and Dubrovnik are quite frequent, while the bus from Dubrovnik to Korcula or Orebic goes only once a day (up to 3 times a day in the high season)
- The third option is to take a direct bus from Zagreb to Korcula, the one that goes daily to Korcula Town and Vela Luka. This option is a bit awkward as the journey lasts all night, departing around 19.30 hrs and arriving in Korcula the following morning at 06.45 hrs.
- All these buses are in operation every day so they are a pretty reliable means of transport.?All buses and ferries are comfortable and air-conditioned, and there are some great views of rivers and mountains as well as the islands and bays while traveling on these routes.
- And finally, there is always an option to take a flight from Zagreb to Split or Dubrovnik, the route that Croatia Airlines runs daily, a few times a day, and from there, take a bus or ferry to Korcula.
Also, see info about getting from Zagreb to Dubrovnik in case you would like to visit Dubrovnik prior to Korcula