St. Catherine’s Church
This Church got its current shape following reconstruction in the 16th century. Sveta Katarina was originally built in 1422 by Kristo Vitinic. It is located on the street next to the southern town walls. It used to be owned by the Kapor family who had a large palace and gardens nearby. The church is currently out of use.
Location Map of St. Catherine’s Church (Crkva Svete Katarine):
GPS Location coordinates: 42.960812, 17.136236
Small side street where the Church is located. It’s locally known as ‘Cala dei Pensieri‘ (meaning: the street of the thoughtful). The only street in the Old Town that has no steps.