Spomenik Beach – Korcula
Spomenik Beach is located in on the western edge of Korcula Old Town at Plokata making it popular with visitors to the Old Town and people living nearby.
It consist of stretch of shingle/ pebbles and spacious stone slab which is great for sunbathing and sunset watching. The waters on this beach are fairly clean and transparent.
Due to it location the beach is often windy, exposed to Bura (especially in the mornings) and Maestral (in the afternoons) so sometimes in the afternoons the beach can be full of plastic bottles and other floating rubbish (see photos below) so the Town Authorities make sure this beach is cleaned at least once a day. (see also plastic bottles in Pupnatska Luka)
- See video of Spomenik Beach on windy afternoon in summer
- See video of jazz band playing near this beach
- See how this beach used to look in the times when shipyard was there
- The main access to the beach is from the main Korcula square Plokata.
- There is a fair wheelchair / pushchair access to this beach as just one step is involved.
- Nearest public transport (bus, taxi, water taxi) is on about 5 minutes walk.
Photos of Spomenik Beach:
Location Map of Beach Spomenik:
Location coordinates: 42.960861, 17.134503