Rasohatica Bay and Beach – Korcula
The bay has two beaches – easter one and nothern one. Both beaches are made up of white, medium size pebbles/shingle.
Getting into the clean and transparent waters is easy from both beaches.
Being one of the remote bays on the island, the bay, which also features lovely dry stone walls, is popular among locals but hardly discovered by tourists (yet).
Facing South, the bay is sunny all day around with some natural shade provided by mature pine trees on eastern beach. For the northern beach, it is recommend to take parasol or beach shelter if you prefer to avoid the sunshine.
There are no cafes / restaurants / shops in the bay so bring your own refreshment.
Staying in Rasohatica:
The bay is fairly urbanised with several holiday homes built around the shores, some of them offering accommodation to visitors and tourists – check this lovely Rasohatica Apartment
Photos of Rasohatica:
Rashohatica in the early morning – views from the beach
Jetty in Rashohatica – with boats and boxes with fishing nets
Fishing boats in Rasohatica
Approach to the Beach – white pebbles
Location Map of Rasohatica:
Location coordinates: 42.911304, 17.127626
- The main access to the bay is via partly asphalted and partly tarmac road leading from Zrnovo (Postrana) towards Defora
- No steps from the road to the sea so one of the two beaches has a good wheelchair and pushchair access.
- No cafe or restaurants in the bay
- No supermarkets in the bay (the nearest one is in Postrana (5km)
- No public transport in the bay – the nearest one (bus) is in Postrana. Take car, scooter, bicycle or taxi
- Map of all Korcula Beaches