Puntin Beach – Korcula
Above photo: Afternoon at Puntin in Korcula Old Town
Puntin Beach is located in on the northern edge of Korcula Old Town and it Port, popular with local windsurfers and people living nearby. The beach consists of a stretch of shingle/pebbles, row of large rocks, large stone slab/ platform great for sunbathing and sunset watching.
The waters on this beach are clean and transparent due to powerful, warm and swift sea currents that are constant at this location.
Turquoise sea water is very deep here suitable for jumping into it.
Several local cafes are right next to the beach serving a variety of food and drinks. Shops are nearby too.
The access to the beach is at its entrance from Riva (Port) or from Zakerjan Beach
The beach is sunny from about midday until sunset. In the mornings it is shaded by Old Town’s buildings – a good choice if you prefer to avoid morning sunshine.
Puntin is a great place to watch sunsets too (see photos of sunsets from here)
- The main access to the beach is from Riva (Pier)
- There is a fair wheelchair/pushchair access to this beach as no steps are involved.
- Nearest public transport (bus, taxi, water taxi) is on about 7 minutes walk.
Photos of Puntin:
Location Map of Beach Puntin:
Location coordinates: 42.962986, 17.135996
- other beaches in Korcula Town
- all articles tagged ‘puntin’
- other beaches in the vicinity of Korcula Town: Lumbarda beaches, Archipelago beaches
- Map of all Korcula Beaches
- dog-friendly beaches
- all beaches on Korcula island
Photo: This beach was recently extended. You can see on above photo how it used to look.