Sveti Ilija Mountain, Peljesac
Sveti Ilija Mountain is the highest peak on Peljesac. It is 961 m high and it takes about two hours to reach the top. There are four routes that lead to the peak:
- from Urkunici hamlet – some 200 meters east of village Ruskovici, located above Orebic.
- from Gurici hamlet – about 800 meters north of Franciscan Monastery, positioned above Orebic.
- from Bilopolje – about 1km west of Franciscan Monastery, positioned above Orebic.
- from Viganj – the path going via Gornja Nakovana – north west of Viganj.
Sveti Ilija is very attractive place to go for walking / hiking as it offers great views over Peljesac channel and Eastern part of Korcula Island, including Lumbarda, Korcula Town, Medvinjak, Zrnovska Banja and beyond. On the bright days, you can see Scedro, Hvar, Mljet, Glavat, Lastovo and Italian coast. See views from the summit panorama photo + Sveti Ilija Mountain viewed from Korcula
Photos taken from the top of Sveti Ilija:
Views from Sveti Ilija towards Korcula Town / Views from Sveti Ilija towards Lumbarda
Views from Sveti Ilija towards East and Croatian Mainland / Views from Sveti Ilija towards Duba and Ploce
Map of Sveti Ilija, Peljesac
- Ask questions and find answers at Hiking on Sveti Ilija forum topic.
- Also, see large panorama photo of Peljesac Channel taken from slopes of Sveti Ilija
- See more photos from hiking trip to Sv.Ilija
- Sveti Ilija Mountain, Peljesac viewed from Korcula