Peljesac Bridge Map and Facts
I was going through some old press cuttings, looking for something completely unrelated, and found some old articles from local press with lot of info about future Peljesac Bridge. So, below is compilation of some facts and figures about this project:
Bridge between Croatian Mainland and Peljesac is going to be built from Komarna to Roscica Glavica on Peljesac Peninsula. ( see below map)
- The total length of the bridge is 2374 m ( about 1.5 miles).
- Bridge has 13 pillars.
- Each pillar is higher than 100 metres.
- The distance between each pillar is 170 meters.
- The height at the middle of the bridge is 35 meters.
- The estimated cost of the whole project is 250-300 million Euro.
- 70% of the total cost of building incurred by under the sea work.
- Opening of the bridge is planned for Summer 2009.
On below map you can see the location of future bridge :
- Good and detailed map of bridge and all roads around it visible on following link : http://www.edubrovnik.org/most_kopno_peljesac/most_s_pristupnim_cestama.pdf
- Good article about this bridge is written in Croatian on this page : http://www.iskon.hr/vijesti/page/2005/11/10/0279006.html
- More about Pelješac Bridge