Peljesac Bridge Map and Facts
I was going through some old press cuttings, looking for something completely unrelated, and found some old articles from the local press with a lot of info about the future Peljesac Bridge. So, below is a compilation of some facts and figures about this project:
A bridge between Croatian Mainland and Peljesac is going to be built from Komarna to Roscica Glavica (Brijesta) on Peljesac Peninsula. (see below map)
- The total length of the bridge is 2374 m ( about 1.5 miles).
- Bridge has 13 pillars
- Each pillar is higher than 100 meters.
- The distance between each pillar is 170 meters.
- The height at the middle of the bridge is 35 meters.
- The estimated cost of the whole project is 250-300 million Euro.
- 70% of the total cost of building incurred by under the sea work.
- The opening of the bridge is planned for
Summer 2009. Update: Planned for late 2021
Here is a current (2021) map of the bridge, made by the regional planning department – click on the image to enlarge:
This detailed map of the bridge and all roads around it available on this link On below map you can see the location of the future bridge (map from 2005) :
Here is another map that I created on Google maps