Orlanduša Bay and Beach
The beaches are made up of white pebbles/shingle with some rocky parts of the bay along its sides. Popular activity in the bay is snorkeling (see photo below)
Being one of the remote bays on the island, waters are here clean and transparent making this bay well liked by locals as well as (some) tourists.
Facing South-West, the bay is sunny from midday onwards. Natural shade is provided by several mature pine trees on the eastern side of the beach and bay.
Once you reach the crossroads in Postrana, the road is leading uphill then turn right at another crossroads and follow the road signs downhill through the wooded parts and vineyards towards the coast. At a certain point, you would need to proceed on foot via a small path through the wood/field, and walk further 200 meters to reach the beach. There is no immediate car access to the beach.
Accommodations in Orlanduša:
- Holiday Home Bratinja Luka Orlandusa (Žrnovo) – right above the beach this off grid house with solar panels, rainwater tank, gas fridge and stove offers unique accommodation in this secluded and isolated bay. Fantastic place.
- Apartment Bratinja Luka (Orlandusa) – another off grid house with solar panels just steps from the Beach. Lovely and isolated holiday home.
There are no cafes / restaurants / shops in the bay so bring your own refreshment. Parasol or beach shelter is also recommended in summer months.
Video of Orlanduša Beach:
Photos of Orlanduša:
Orlanduša beach in summer afternoon – busy with locals and tourists
Swimming and snorkeling in Orlanduša bay
Playing with dog on the beach (see dog friendly beaches on Korcula)
Pebble/shingle part of the beach /bay
Me in Orlandusa – sunbathing
Children friendly Orlandusa
Road to Orlandusa
Views from the road to the bay
Approach to the bay – passing by vineyards
Holiday house and its gardens in the bay – walking path to the beach
Map of of Orlanduša bay and beach
Location Map of Orlanduša:
Location coordinates: 42.915909, 17.083745
- The main access to the bay is via partly asphalted and partly tarmac road leading from Zrnovo (Postrana) towards Defora
- There is no wheelchair and pushchair access.
- No cafe or restaurants in the bay
- No supermarkets in the bay (the nearest one is in Postrana (5 km)
- No public transport in the bay – the nearest one (bus) is in Postrana. Take car, scooter, bicycle or taxi. Walking too.