Mandrač Beach – Korcula
The beach is comprised of large rocks, stones as well as some patches of pebbles that are ideal for small children.
The waters around Mandrac are crystal clear and very clean – great place to snorkel.
Mandrac beach is a very popular swimming spot for locals though still (often) undiscovered by ordinary visitors of the Town.
A convenient addition to the beach is recently opened Maksimilijan Gardens Beach Bar (free wifi) that offers comfortable seating and selection of good food and drinks.
Facing West, the beach is sunny from mid morning until very late afternoon / dusk – the time of ‘golden (magic) hour’ when you can enjoy the colours of sunset.
Mornings here in the summer are cool and nice as sun is on the other side and Monastery walls provide welcoming shade, while afternoons tend to get pretty warm. Throughout the whole day some shade is available on certain points of the beach.
- The main access to the beach is by small path descending down to seashore.
- There is just one step from the path to the sea so some parts of the beach has a good wheelchair as well as pushchair access.
- Nearest public transport (bus, taxi, water taxi) is on about 15 minutes walk.
- Nearest cafe / restaurant is Maksimilijan Gardens (just there)
- Nearest supermarket is on 10 min walking distance
Photos taken on Mandrac Beach:
Location Map of Mandrač Beach:
Location coordinates: 42.962813, 17.129296