Luka Korculanska Beach
above photo : Luka Korculanska Beach, Korcula
Luka Korculanska Beach (Kalac) – a picturesque sandy beach situated in the Bay of Luka Korculanska , on about pleasant 15 minutes walk from the Korcula Old Town or a short water taxi – boat ride from the Old Town’s pier , in near vicinity of Campsite Kalac and Hotel Bon Repos.
Situated in the deep bay close to Korcula Old Town, this is one of the oldest beaches in the town (see photo here and here) – a very popular swimming spot for visitors to Korcula, particularly for local areas of Domince and Sveti Anton.
Luka Korculanska (also called Porto Pedoci, Kalac, Luka Us) is often busy and crowded with families with small children. They spend hours playing and paddling in shallow waters.
Facing West, the beach is sunny all day around, while some shade is provided by nearby mature pine trees.
- The main access to the beach is at any point along the pedestrian lane along the bay.
- The beach has easy wheelchair and pushchair access (just one step and you are on the sand)
- Nearest public transport (bus, taxi) is on about 8 minutes walk. Water taxi boats are on 3 min walk (nearby jetty)
Accommodations in near vicinity:
- Korkyra Gardens Apartments – newly furnished air-conditioned apartments with outdoor pool – on about 4 min walk
- Apartments Luka – comfortable new apartments on 5 min walk from the beach
- Villa Korcula – an old fashioned villa on 5 min distance
Photos: Sandy Beach Luka Korculanska (Kalac)
Location Map of Luka Korculanska Beach:
Location coordinates: 42.952260, 17.142644