Loggia – Loza – This small building at the western harbor of Korcula Old Town, next to Sea Gate entrance to the Old Town, under main town walls, was built in 1548 as a place for passers-by to sit and rest, as well as a shelter from bad weather. Loggia has one wall only, part of the town’s main walls, as well as 12 columns that support loggia’s roof.
For years, this loggia served as a waiting place for ferry passengers, but back in the 1980’s large glass panels were added around the columns to adopt loggia for other use – it became a local tourist information office.
More photos of the loggia in Korcula:
above photo: Loggia in Sept 2015
Location coordinates: 42.96185, 17.13523