Korcula votes to join EU
Korcula has voted for Croatia to become 28th member of the European Union as yesterdays referendum delivers an overwhelming yes vote.
According to izbori.hr, the official referendum site, the figures are as follows:
- Korcula Town - turnout 50.38%, Yes 54.23% No 44.90%
- Lumbarda – turnout 53.62% , Yes 43.58% , No 56.10%
- Smokvica – turnout 56.51%, Yes 59.39%, No 40.40%
- Blato – turnout 50.44%, Yes 63.9%, No 34.57%
- Vela Luka - turnout 51.99% , Yes 60.01%, No 39.24%
- Orebic - turnout 42.99% , Yes 61.67%, No 37.89%
Although Korculans voted in favour of joining the EU in a referendum, as you can see from the figures, the voting turnout was low, barely scratching half the electorate.
The largest Eurosceptic community is in Lumbarda while Blato has the largest Euro-enthusiasts community.
The solid yes vote was higher than what had been predicted in the opinion polls… Good morning Europe š