The column of St Marks Square
The column on St Mark’s Square is a large marble column situated in the south-west corner of the square.
Erected on in 1515 the column is decorated with several coats of arms.
This flag column (pillar) extends to the mast where the flag of Korcula Town is flown.
Here are some photos:
The north side of the column with a coat of arms
Close up of the northern side of the column
The eastern side of the column
Close up of the eastern side of the column
The southern side of the column
Close up of the southern side of the column
The flag of Korcula Town flown on the top of the mast
Location Map of the column of St Marks Square:
GPS Location coordinates: 42.961411, 17.135964