Church Saint Roch or Rocco (Kapela Sveti Rok)
Church Saint Roch or Rocco (Kapela Sveti Rok) is situated next to the Cathedral on the mains Town’s square. The altar of St. Rok is located on the eastern wall of the Chapel. It is raised above a marble staircase, constructed of colourful marble in 1767. This is the largest altar in the Church. In its niches are three large wooden statues: St. Rok, Kuzma, and Damjan, while a bust of Our Lady of Health is on top of the altar.
The statues came from the original wooden altar, which was built on the same location in 1575 by woodcarver Franjo Cucic from Blato on Korcula, who signed the statue of St. Rok. The figures are polychromatic and gold plated, and their motionless but lively faces with the distinctive facial features of the islanders stand out.
On the southern wall of the Chapel, next to the bell tower, is the small altar Gospice (Three Kings). Over the Baroque altar is a wooden, gold plated retable from the 17th century engraved in the style of Mannerism.
The painting from the 18th century is without much artistic significance, and a small icon of the Gift of the Kings with a silver frame from the 17th century is installed in the painting. This is the only remaining wooden altar in the Cathedral; in the past, there were several altars here, mainly wooden.
The large classical altar of Our Lady or Karmen from 1855 is on the northern wall. The altar has three paintings from the previous altar, works by Carl Ridolfi from Venice in 1642 (signed). The central painting depicts Our Lady of Karmen with St. Peter, while the side paintings depict St. Lawrence (Lovro) and St. Stephan.
On both sides of this altar, next to the wall, are leaning neo-Renaissance choir seats that were built in 1795 by Vicko Tironi from Brac. The high, hollow seatbacks were modelled after the numerous Dalmatian choir benches that arose in the Romanesque and Baroque periods.
Coat of arms – relief on the facade
Virgin Mary – relief on the facade