Korcula Fraternities (Brotherhoods) – Korculanske Bratovstine
There are three fraternal groups in Korcula: Sasvetani (Brotherhood of All Saints) , Mihovilci (Brotherhood of Our Lady of Consolation) and Rokovci (Brotherhood of St Rocco), a religious associations of laymen, the organizations that dates back from Middle Ages: All Saint’s founded in 1301, St. Rocco (Roch) in 1575 and Our Lady of Consolation founded in 1603. The oldest brotherhoods Korcula, All Saints, was founded on October 8 in 1301.
They take part in church ceremonies and rites. Confraternities in Korcula Town have their own churches and houses with congregation halls which are also museums of their heritage of liturgical decorations, paintings and historical objects.
If you are in Korcula for Easter or in Mid Summer, don’t miss their religious procession on Good Friday and on St Todor’s Day (29th of July) – it is very attractive to see them walking around Korcula Old Town.
- Sveti Todor Flag – Saint Patron and Protector of Korcula – large photo of a detail of the flag of Sveti Todor
- Photos of Korcula Fraternities – small photo gallery of a religious procession in Korcula
- Korcula: Sveti Todor Church Procession – video clip
- Large procession in Korcula in 1934
- Korcula: Holly Week procession of Mihovilci Brotherhood (Our Lady of Consolation) in Korcula.