Books published at Korcula Island
- Korcula Town Library has a small selections of books in english language – still worth a visit: Town Library – GRADSKA KNJIŽNICA – ‘IVAN VIDALI’ 20260 KORCULA – HR Hrvatske bratske zajednice bb Tel: 00385 (0)20 711-974; Office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 08:00 – 19:30 Wed, Sat: 08:00 – 14:30
All books that are published in last few years at Korcula Island are subject of poster that is displayed in poster section of our Korcula photo gallery – click here to have a look at the larger image of published books.
- Marco Polo’s Isle by Michael Donley – The Croatian Adriatic – Book about Korcula in English language – the New Riviera. Surprisingly, this nickname is a good hundred years old; yet once again the area has become a popular destination. However, apart from guides and books of a political or academic nature, nothing has appeared in English for 25 years. Marco Polo’s Isle is thus a timely publication. In it the author offers an in-depth view of one particular island, but at the same time captures the spirit of Dalmatia as a whole…
- Book on Korcula : Black Island – Memories From The Adriatic by Frank Arneil Walker – ” In a delightful anthology of personal reminiscences, the author draws on the experiences of more than a quarter of a century visiting and living on the island from the time of Tito’s Yugoslavia, through the painful years of the homeland war to today’s independent republic of Croatia. He engages with the place and the people, describing landscapes natural and architectural, recalling joys and remembering sadnesses. Above all he speaks of those magic moments of shared hospitality and friendship which live in the memory of all those made welcome on Korcula. “…
- Check all articles about books
- Books on Croatia – selection of books and travel guides of Croatia