Bilin Zal Beach – Lumbarda
The beach is made up of small and soft golden/grey sand as well as of some larger rocks which are adjacent to the slabs of Lenga Beach where there are also some single / pebble patches on several places along this stretch of coast.
Being a sandy beach and one of the best-known beaches on the Island, Bilin Zal is very popular and very busy in the summertime, crowded with tourists from town as well as from Lumbarda and beyond. Locals are also regular visitors, especially if they have a young child. Bilin Zal is also popular with locals as a stop-over for a quick swim or drinks from day-trip to Skoji Islands.
Getting into the water is easy here as walking barefoot on sand is soft and comfortable.
Due to its sandy sea-bottom, the water around here can be not so transparent especially at the busiest times.
Facing North-East, the beach is sunny all day around with no natural shade so it is recommended to take parasol or beach shelter to avoid the strong sunshine.
There are a couple of cafes/restaurants close by, so one can have some food and refreshment on the beach too.
- The main access to the beach is on two main points from the road leading from Lumbarda to Raznjic.
- There is just one step from the road to the sea so this beach has a good wheelchair and pushchair access.
- Nearest cafe/restaurant is Konoba Bilin Zal (just there)
- The nearest supermarket is on 10 min walk
- Nearest public transport (bus) is about 5 min minutes walk.
Photos of Bilin Zal Beach
Location Map of Bilin Zal Beach:
Location coordinates: 42.921640, 17.186158