A beautiful pebble beach with clear water in the bay of Pupnatska Luka situated some 15 km away from Korcula Town.
This is one of many picturesque beaches on the Island offering spectacular views back across the channel to Lastovo.
It is a small, easily-accessible beach on the south coast, with clear swimming waters and gently sloping pebbles shingle, making it an ideal beach for swimming.
A popular family beach, with a two seaside restaurant / cafes offering snacks, grilled food and drinks. You can also hire deck chairs and parasols.
There are no any natural shade in near vicinity of the pebbles, so if you intend to spend a day here in the summer, take parasol or beach shelter for some shade.
Restaurants in Pupnatska Luka:
The beach is just down a road that connects villages Pupnat and Cara.
There is a good sized car park in the bay with some portable toilets available for visitors.
If you don’t have your own car there are few times a day bus service from Korcula to Pupnat (village nearby) which you can take to reach this popular swimming spot.
Alternatively, you can rent a car, scooter or bicycle to go for a day trip in the bay. There are couple of restaurants in the bay for food and refreshments however it is always good to bring some food and drink just in case.
- Pupnatska Luka Photos – click to browse
- Walking above Pupnatska luka bay
- Video: Pupnatska Luka Bay – winter 2009
- Video: Rubbish and Plastic Bottles at Pupnatska Luka Beach – polluted beach after strong Siloko/Jugo storm – December 2009
- Beach Beauty – Pupnatska Luka Beach featured in The Guardian: In Saturday’s Travel Section of The Guardian, this beach is featured at the front page: Beach beauty Pupnatska beach on Korcula island
Location Map of Pupnatska Luka:
Location coordinates: 42.927989, 17.002134