How to get from Mljet to Korcula
Getting from Mljet to Korcula is one of the frequently asked questions in our travel forum as well as in emails I receive daily. So, here are the all options now listed on this page.
The important things to keep on your mind regarding this transport are as follows:
- Traveling directly from Mljet to Korcula on public transport is only possible during the In the peak season (June to September)
- Indirect travel via Prapratno on Peljesac or via Dubrovnik is available all year round.
- Day trip with fast boat from Mljet to Korcula (and vice versa) can be good, flexible and not so expensive option.
Direct Ferries from Mljet to Korcula:
- May to October – foot passenger ferry from Korcula to Mljet – get your reservation directly via krilo.hr website
- July and August passenger ferry from Mljet to Korcula: Polace (Mljet) to Korcula Town foot passenger ferry – Get your ticket the day before if possible as there are often long queues. Tickets sell-out pretty quickly in the peak season.
- June to September car and passengers ferry from Mljet to Korcula: Sobra (Mljet) to Korcula Town ferry – Tickets can be purchased online via yellow search box in the top corner of croatiaferries.com site. (Update 2015: This ferry is discontinued :/ )
Indirect Ferries + Bus from Mljet to Korcula:
- All year around travel option for Sobra (Mljet) via Prapratno to Korcula – (see bellow map) – take ferry from Sobra to Prapratno and from Prapratno, get a bus to Orebic or Korcula. Take morning ferry, not afternoon ones, as buses stop in Prapratno at 4pm. Once you arrive in Prapratno, just walk for 15 minutes up the hill to small cafe ‘Bela Vista’ where bus stops on it way from Dubrovnik to Orebic or Korcula. (see views from the cafe)
- All year around travel option for Mljet via Dubrovnik to Korcula – this is a much longer travel option which is good for people who would like to spend morning or afternoon in Dubrovnik and from there take a bus to Korcula. Ferries from Mljet to Dubrovnik are : Polace to Dubrovnik and Sobra to Dubrovnik. See also my getting from Dubrovnik to Korcula article.
Map of travel between Mljet and Korcula
Important Note : All sailing and bus schedules are subject to change, so always check the latest schedule prior to departure.