Welcome to Korcula!
Welcome to korculainfo.com, a web site dedicated to travellers and visitors to Korčula, Croatia. This is a comprehensive on-line travel guide to Korcula (pronounced kor-chula) with all the details and information about Korcula visitor needs to know. This guide includes pages on Korcula art and culture, its museums, architecture and natural beauties, as well as info about hotels, accommodations and transport / travel to Korcula. There is a section on Korcula maps too - a very important tool for any traveller. Have a look at the large panorama photo of Korcula Town and the newly featured artist of the month.. Thank you for your visit and enjoy browsing!
Korcula Latest News, Articles and Travel
- Ferry Catamaran Split - Milna - Hvar - Korcula - Dubrovnik - newly introduced ferry service, twice a week, May to October - check timetable and prices
- Photos: Fishing around Peljesac
- Korcula to Mljet Yacht Excursion - lovely day trip to nearby Mljet Island
- Video Archive: Life's a Beach
- First page reprint of Statute of Korcula Town from 1214 + Second page reprint
- Samograd - a hidden bay on the North coast of the Island
- Korcula Town map - detailed, visitors map of the Old Town and surroundings - click to download and explore
- Events in Korcula - calendar of festivals and events in Korcula
- History article: Bicentenary of British empire's occupation of Korčula
Video, televizija, anticipacija 23 . 08 – 18 . 09 . 2014 otvaranje izložbe: subota 23. 8. od 21 do 23 sata, s uvodnom riječi kokustosice Aleksandre Sekulić Siva zona ugošćuje grupnu izložbu Video, televizija, anticipacija čije su kokustosice Braka [&hellip
Read more » Izlozba: Video, televizija, anticipacijaFilm: Blitva Blues – World Premiere
Film: Blitva Blues – world première 10.08.2014 @ 21:30 , Ljetno Kino, Korcula
Read more » Film: Blitva Blues – World Premiere
ACCOMMODATION in KORCULA
- Korcula Rooms & Apartments Marco Polo - newly refurbished rooms/studio apartments with en suite facilities, located in the heart of Korcula Old Town - online booking
- Korcula Hotels Hotel Korcula, Hotel Marco Polo, Hotel Liburna, Hotel Park, Hotel Bon Repos, Hotel Lumbarda, Hotel Borik Lumbarda , Hotel Feral Brna, Priscapac Hotel, Orebic Hotels, Vela Luka Hotels
- Villas, Apartments and Rooms Selection of recommended self-catering holiday properties, rooms & homes to let
HOW TO GET To THE ISLAND - Travel InfoFlights | Ferries | Ferry Catamaran Korcula-Split | Ferry Catamaran Dubrovnik-Korcula | Info page about travel to Korcula | Bus from Dubrovnik to Korcula | Ferries from Dubrovnik to Korcula | Bus Timetable | Taxi Service Dubrovnik / Korcula Car Hire Korcula - Rent-a-Car | Scooter and Boat Service |
Latest discussions at Korcula Travel Forum:
WHAT THE OTHERS SAY ABOUT KORCULA
- The Observer - 20 Paradise islands (Korcula is No.9) - "The greenest, most independent and most interesting of Croatia's 1,000 or so islands, Korcula was a favorite Greek holiday spot over 2,000 years ago"
- The Observer - 20 Dream holidays for the 21st century (Korcula is No.11) .. More holiday reviews of Korcula
More Info on KorculaGeographical Position of the Island of Korcula: Climate : Winds: Plants and Animals : Korcula Statute : Korcula Port and Cruise Terminal, Brotherhoods : Weather Forecast, List of Places on Korcula Island , Croatia Fact File , Travellers CODE - Sustainable Tourism , Jadrolinija Ferries, Korcula Blog Korcula INFO webmaster's blog - news, travel, reviews Korcula Travel Forum Share practical info about travel to Korcula
EXCURSIONS DAY TRIPS ACTIVITIES and TOURS from KORCULA
Excursions: Mljet | Dubrovnik | Korcula Sightseeing | Korcula Archipelago | Island Tour | Rent-a-Car Scooter and Boat Service | chek also my new Dubrovnik Travel Guide for more info if you plan a trip to Dubrovnik.
KORCULA CURRENT and FORTHCOMMING EVENTS
| Web Exhibition: Korcula Sunsets | List of Events in Korcula | Nightlife in Korcula | Book on Korcula - Marco Polo's Isle by Michael Donley | Marco Polo, Invisible Cities and Visual Arts - essay | About Non Places of Travel - essay
KORCULA - a brief guide
Island Of Korcula it's one of the greenest islands in the Adriatic sea. It is also one of the most popular travel destinations in this part of Croatia. Like most of the Croatian islands, the Greeks, who gave it the name Korkyra Melaina or 'Black Corfu' for its dark and densely wooded appearance, first settled Korcula. The island itself is rich in art and culture, as well as beautiful nature such as numerous tiny and secluded beaches and bays, small and uninhabited islands and breathtaking views. The main town on the island is also named Korcula. Korcula Town is a typical medieval walled Dalmatian city, with its round defensive towers and cluster of red-roofed houses.
Marco Polo (1254 - 1324) the famous world-traveller and writer, as well as a Venetian merchant, is reputed to have been born in Korcula.In the old town of Korcula where his supposed house of birth is located. It will shortly be turned into a Museum of Marco Polo. Besides Marco Polo, Korcula has a long art and cultural tradition, including museums, galleries and festivals.
The sword dance Moreska, is world famous folk drama / dance, which used to be played all over Mediterranean. it is now only performed in Korcula.
Korcula has a lot to offer to a visitor to see and learn - its art and history, its culture, traditional crafts and skills of stone masonry and shipbuilding, sword dances, music, writings as well as its most famous inhabitant – Marco Polo and his heritage, besides all the natural beauties, views and beaches. Korcula's nearest airport is Dubrovnik Airport. Korcula is fairly easily accessible from the Croatian mainland by various ferries. Welcome to Korcula :-)
CROATIA - a brief guide
Croatia extends from the foothills of the Julian Alps in the north-west and the Pannonian Plain in the east, over the Dinara mountain range in its central region, to the Adriatic coast in the south.
Area of Croatia is 56,542 km2, with an additional 31,067 km2 of territorial waters. Population in Croatia is 4.5 million people. Capital of Crotia is Zagreb (779.145 inhabitants - the administrative, cultural, academic and communication centre of the country). The Croatian Adriatic Coast, with its 1185 islands, islets and reefs is considered to be one of the most impressive coastlines in Europe. Finding a satisfactory way to explore this ravishing two thousand kilometers coastline in one holiday is impossible! Croatia is blessed with truly most glorious coastline which has miraculously escaped the over-development of some other Mediterranean holiday destinations.
If you think life has become too hectic and commercialized regain your tranquility in Croatia. Relax in superb unspoiled scenery, bathe in unpolluted waters and enjoy the healthy range of locally sourced and naturally produced food. Welcome to Croatia!